Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6400-M with SmartSDR for Windows, frequencies don't match

Options
I am using the Flex 6400M with SmartSDR, like many out there. I have a fundamental misunderstanding that I would like someone to help clear up. When I run SmartSDR the frequency on the screen is not controlled by my radio. Should it be? Or is SmartSDR totally independent of the Flex? IS it a result of my selecting the wrong "Radio" at startup? I am confused and I know it sounds a bit dumb but I am failing to understand some basics here. I am on FT8 using WSJT-X and got that working. So what should I expect from SmartSDR vis a vis the radio and its independence(or dependence) between the two? I keep thinking perhaps I am selection the wrong thing at the start (MultiFlex). Please enlighten me. Thanks guys!

Answers

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    The panadapter and slices on the radio and the PC are entirely independent of each other. In fact, one of the desired features, that is NOT in V3, is the ability to have the GUI on an "M" radio mirror the operation  of SSDR and vice versa. i.e. tune the radio knobs tunes the SSDR instance. Many would love that feature - especially with a Maestro beside the PC :-)

I have refused to move to V3 because xDax / xCat on the Mac do not yet support it, so I have little experience with V3 (tried it, went back). You do need to be aware of this dual personality of the "M" radio.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.