Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6400 back on track ... Thank you Flex for having such great ground support

Kevin J. Darrah
Kevin J. Darrah Member ✭✭
edited October 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Sometime back I posted I was having interaction problems between the Flex screen when it was open and running, and would routinely lock up with much buzzing and digital noise when I was also surfing the internet, after I tried to do an upgrade. 

Well in my particular instance, about the time I was doing the upgrading and a reboot, Windows 10 had also updated, and after a couple of days of fighting the issue, it was too the point that my radio was almost unusable.

I sent out a help desk ticket and Tim responded kindly in short order, and was with me every step of the way. Although Tim wasn't directly responsible for the solution, he was there every step until I made sure I had my Flex up and running!

After uninstalling ALL the back drivers for my audio, All the back drivers for my video, because my Laptop has 2 video cards, and did a fresh install of updated drivers, and of course had to rename some of my DAX drivers because Windows fouled them up (Well Known Problem with Windows Update) , I was back in buisness!

It was a very unusual circumstance, my timing couldn't have been worse with the dreaded Window Full Upgrade too Windows 10 Version 1903 I believe it was, along with trying to update the Flex at the same time. 

I am happy to say that the Flex 6400 is working flawlessly, and the upgraded software from 2.4.9 too 3.0 went well. As I've come to find out over the years, sometimes Windows isn't so user friendly and now I cringe every time I see Microsoft updates. The last couple of updates would knock my Audacity out of commission and I would get the blue screen when starting it. SMH!

Thank you to the people on here, and especially to the Flex staff for continually moving us forward!

Comments

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    The last SSDR update resulted in DAX problems for my 6600M (with Windows 10).  A Sunday afternoon help ticket resulted in a Monday morning Teamviewer session with Tim and now I am back on FT8.  In 50+ years of ham operating, never experienced such a service-oriented company before. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.