Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6400/6600 Documentation Question

N7IPY
N7IPY Member

Hello, Sort-of new to Flex Radio with a question.  About a year ago I decided to sell off most of my HF Transceiver Gear including an FT-1200 and a few other radios and save up to purchase my first Flex Radio.  As I was going to be at Hamvention 2017 anyway, I decided to wait for the big show to place the order the Flex Radio folks in person.  I have little time to talk to folks at other booths as I have a busy booth at the show too, but I was able to make my way over to Flex Radio to put down the $$$s for a new 6300 only to find out it was reaching EOL and a much superior model for a lower cost was on the horizon.  I was a little disappointed but I put in my reservation and made the small deposit.  Well 7+ months later I am still just a want-to-be Flex owner, but that’s OK as I have little time to work the HF Bands with work-family-work. 

About a month ago the Flex folks posted a link to the initial Users Manual for the new 6400/6600 line of radios.  I know the day is getting close to the long awaited email/phone call and I thought I should start getting up to speed on the many features of the new radio and software.  

So my question is; Is that document up to date enough to now study or should I just wait for the first release of the actual Users Documentation?

Thanks for the advice and 73s

Answers

• Mike Miller
    Mike Miller Member
    edited January 2018
    i AM IN THE SAME BOAT HOPE THEY  START SHIPPING SOON  N6IQY
  • KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Since the radio is SOFTWARE most of the information you will need to operate the radio will be found in the SSDR for Windows and Maestro Manuals. http://www.flexradio.com/support/down...
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2018
    William - Currently, what is on the website is the current publicly available documentation.  We are finalizing the documentation as I write this response.
  • N7IPY
    N7IPY Member
    edited January 2018
    Thanks Tim and All....  I think I will slither back into the wood-work for now and wait for the actual updated docs to become available.  Sounds like lots of little changes are being made and I don't want to miss something.  Will - N7IPY
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    William, I would not hesitate to read what is online now.  I personally don't expect big changes with the new radio and software when they first ship. So, I don't think you would get much "misinformation" from reading now.
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I can confirm that there won't be much difference from what is on the website right now.  Mostly clean up and a few screen shots.  Content is finished in final review to make sure it aligns with the final software release, which is feature frozen.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.