Flex 6400/6600 Documentation Question

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Answered

Hello, Sort-of new to Flex Radio with a question.  About a year ago I decided to sell off most of my HF Transceiver Gear including an FT-1200 and a few other radios and save up to purchase my first Flex Radio.  As I was going to be at Hamvention 2017 anyway, I decided to wait for the big show to place the order the Flex Radio folks in person.  I have little time to talk to folks at other booths as I have a busy booth at the show too, but I was able to make my way over to Flex Radio to put down the $$$s for a new 6300 only to find out it was reaching EOL and a much superior model for a lower cost was on the horizon.  I was a little disappointed but I put in my reservation and made the small deposit.  Well 7+ months later I am still just a want-to-be Flex owner, but that’s OK as I have little time to work the HF Bands with work-family-work. 

About a month ago the Flex folks posted a link to the initial Users Manual for the new 6400/6600 line of radios.  I know the day is getting close to the long awaited email/phone call and I thought I should start getting up to speed on the many features of the new radio and software.  

So my question is; Is that document up to date enough to now study or should I just wait for the first release of the actual Users Documentation?

Thanks for the advice and 73s
Photo of N7IPY

N7IPY

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 8346 Posts
  • 3122 Reply Likes
Official Response
William - Currently, what is on the website is the current publicly available documentation.  We are finalizing the documentation as I write this response.