Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX 6300 will not unkey with V1.6.17

simon Nash
simon Nash Member
edited February 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I currently have a Flex 6300 which has been working perfectly under V1.5.1 but since upgrading to V1.6.17 I find that the transceiver fails to unkey using the new CAT system. I have tried reinstalling the software 4 times now following the release notes, recommendations and best practices and still the same results on every piece of software I have loaded (HRD, JT65 by HB9HQX etc...) Downgrading to the older V1.5.1 cures the problem every time. 

Currently running windows 10 with all the latest updates, anyone seen this before or have any ideas?

Comments

• Wim
    Wim Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    once your flex is on 1.6 have you tried to factory reset it

FLEX-6300 Factory Reset:
    Pressing and holding the power control button down for 5+ seconds when turning on the radio will trigger a factory reset. When the reset is triggered the power LED will begin flashing dim purple.

• simon Nash
    simon Nash Member
    edited March 2016
    Hi Wim.

Many thanks for the reply, have tried the factory reset on multiple occasions and still have the same problem. It does not appear to matter what software I am running the transceiver fails to unkey on each and every occasion with the new version.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    You may need a help ticket from flex. This is the first problem like this I have read.
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    What about deleting the CAT ports on SmartSDR CAT and recreate them?
  • simon Nash
    simon Nash Member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks for the supply, have tried this and created different ports and still have the same results
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I mentioned that because when i upgraded a few of the virtual ports remained but did not work properly. I removed them all and started from scratch and much better. When I created the new COM port for CAT I received a new driver install message on Win 7 and an OS restart request, which I did. I know that might not be your issue, I just thought I would let you know.
  • simon Nash
    simon Nash Member
    edited March 2016
    Thanks all for the responses. I have since reloaded V1.6.17 and discovered that the original settings from the older version were being retained and were incompatible with the new version of CAT where CAT control and PTT were being used on the same port.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.