Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 using SmartSDR 1.10.8 has a problem with missing dits when sending CW.

W3PV
W3PV Member
edited May 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am a  CW only operator and since I purchased my Flex 6300 I have been noticing a disturbing feature of my Flex dropping dits from words sent by CW probably caused by SmartSDR v.1.10.8. It seems to be  worse  when sending my callsign letters 3 and P.  Is there a fix for this problem? 

Comments

• K9APW - Dick - Verona, WI
    edited June 2017
    I experience the same basic problem when using CWX preloaded CW messages! However it simply stops sending for a second & then continues! I've reloaded the CWX setup messages with no resolution.?This is an intermittent-- annoying! And started with the 1.10.8 update!!
  • Lewis Cheek
    Lewis Cheek Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    External keyer, I have yet to get Flex cw keyer to work. 73 Lew n4co
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    So far, I haven't noticed that.  I am primarily CW and work around 25 WPM.  I will keep an eye (ear) out.
  • W3PV
    W3PV Member
    edited May 2017
    As a 100% CW operator this 6300 is of no use to me if the manufacturer can't get it to work properly.  I can send CW through CWK but my direct keying does not work.
    Roon - W3PV
  • W3PV
    W3PV Member
    edited May 2017
    I haven't seen the problem when using CWX, only when using the key.  Is there another updaate coming soon.... I hope?
  • W3PV
    W3PV Member
    edited May 2017
    Which version are you using?
  • Steve K9ZW
    Steve K9ZW Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

@Ron - you may want to check the release notes for the later versions of SmartSDR.  Version 1.10.8 is two public releases behind. Of course it may all change again soon (Hamvention next version release??) 

GL & 73

Steve K9ZW

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I am using 1.10.16.91
  • Stanley Korzep
    edited May 2017
    I cleaned both contacts on my Vibroplex.  Problem has disappeared.

Stan W8NNX

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.