Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex-6300 TX rely gets disabled when switching bands

Options
Ali  9K2WA
Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
I am having a new problem using DDutil with my Flex-6300 running SSDR 1.4.16, the TX relay connected to my OM-Power AMP gets deactivated when switching bands, this phenomena occurs when running DDutil, the 2K-FA and the Alpha 87A operates normally and I do not run DDutil to pass band data to them.

Also my Flex-6700 runs without any problem when running DDutil.

Anyone have had any similar issue?

Comments

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Ali
    Sounds like you have BOBC enabled in DDUtil.

quoted from the DDUtil wiki ...
    • BOBC (Bypass On Band Change)
    Selecting this check box will cause the PTT key line to go to Stand By when the band changes in every instance. This is significant if your amp must be manually band switched or re-tuned for each band thus eliminating the possibility of keying the amp while out of band/tune.
    73, Jay - NO5J
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Jay,

Excuse my ignorance, but what is BOBC and where can I find it to disable it, further why it only affects the 6300 and not the 6700?
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You are right Jay, many thanks
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ali
    It's an Auto Drive feature in DDUtil.
    DDUtil / Setup / Open Setup Form / AutoDrive Tab / Left hand side 3rd checkbox from the top.

I don't know why it only affects the 6300.

Double check what settings are selected when running both radios. the setting being changed by DDUtil is on SmartSDR / Radio Setup / Transmit Tab. / Probably one or all of the RCA TX? PTT settings, are getting changed to disabled.

It might be disabled in whatever profile the 6300 starts with.

I don't have 2 6000 series rigs to be able to replicate the problem. 

73, Jay - NO5J
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ali
    I use BOBC enabled because my Acom 1500 needs the Band Switch switched each time the band changes. This prevents the radio accidently transmitting on 20m when the 40m band is selected on the Amp.

I say a silent thank you every time I forget to bandswitch the amp.
    With multiple slices open it's easy to forget.

73, Jay - NO5J
  • Ali  9K2WA
    Ali 9K2WA Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Jay,

I do not use the OM-Power often,  and yes I did goof few time and forgot to change to the right slice on the right band, further I never use it when operating remote.
  • David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited May 2016
    Options
    BOBC bypass on band change. As others have stated, if enabled it disables the amp keying relay on band change. If you use AutoDrive it will also set your power to standby setting.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.