Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 to ALS 600. Connect ALC or not.

Scott Homstead
Scott Homstead Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I just hooked up my new 6300. I have an ALS 600 which I previously ran to a kenwood through an ARB-704. I am unable to key the amp using the ARB-704 however I am able to key the amp directly from the 6300 to the Amp. My question is when directly connecting the 6300 to the ALS600 should I also be using the RCA plug into the ALC on the amp and radio or is that not necessary?  Should I be using the ARB-704 or is that unnecessary as well?

Answers

• RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I use an ALS-600 with my 6300 and don't use the ALC. I also use the RCA TX out on the 6300 to switch the ALS-600 direct. I've had no problems but I use care not to overdrive the ALS-600. I try not to drive the amp over 500 watts peak.
    When I first got the ALS-600 about two years ago, I over drove the amp during tune up and wiped out the transistors. Expensive lesson learned.

Good luck    

Roy - W5TKZ
  • Scott Homstead
    Scott Homstead Member ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Thank you.  That is how I currently have it set up.  Understood on the overdrive. 
  • Hugo Escalante
    Hugo Escalante Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Roy, I'm serously looking at buying the Flex 6300 but I want to make sure I can run my ALS 600 amp. If I understand you right Iall I have to connect is the RCA TX OuT of the 6300 to the ALS 600?
  • RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hugo,

That is correct.  I now have a 6500 but I still only use the TX Out to trigger the amp. I'm very careful when I tune up and so far have had no problems.

Roy - W5TKZ
  • Don Stefanik
    Don Stefanik Member
    edited December 2019

Running the 6300 and ALS 600. Driving it with 40 to 50 watts and no ALC or ARB704.

• RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Sounds good Don, have fun.

Roy - W5TKZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.