Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 SSDR v1.6.17 no transmit using DM780

N4FP
N4FP Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Greetings:
I originally posted this 1/24/2016  from the SSDR 1.6.17 Help Screen, Community, but it didn't seem to come across into this URL, so trying again.

Flex 6300, Windows 10 Pro, 8 GB.  Upgraded from SSDR v1.5.1 to 1.6.17, all smooth.  Executed HRD 6.2.9.354, starts okay using Com 4 for radio, and DM780 starts okay.  PSK31 reception okay.  When I press F4 to transmit, the receive waterfall goes away and the transmitted message shows in the transmit window, but the Flex 6300 does not transmit.  
DM780 Program Options:  Soundcard, Input DAX Audio RX 1 (Flex Radio Syste; Output DAX Audio TX (Flex Radio Systems DAX TX).  PTT, via Serial (COM) port, COM5, Set DTR and Set RTS checked.  Also tried COM7 and COM14.   No transmit PTT.  Worked okay in SSDR v1.5.1.
If I use the mic button for PTT, the 6300 does enter transmit mode and the PSK31 signal is transmitted when I press F4.  F4 send and F5 stop work correctly except no PTT.
Control panel reports COM 6 for USB control knob, COM4, 5, 7, 14, 15, 107 as FlexRadio Virtual Serial Ports. 
Any thoughts as to what I am missing?  Thanks.
Wayne, N4FP 

Comments

• Jim
    Jim Member
    edited February 2016
    look at the upper portion of the dm 780 screen see the icon one  is label radio click on it . now the next window pops up should be configured with several things but the import thing is the TX button 
    if not there. look for a hand at the top also look like a sheet of paper with a hand click on it then on next screen save hope that help.
    Jim W4WWJ
  • N4FP
    N4FP Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Jim:

Thank you.  That fixed the problem.  The configuration was not found.  Clicked on Save and okay.
    Wayne, N4FP
  • kg5eiu
    kg5eiu Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I have a 6500 running all the latest software and patches with windows 10 and my issue is that DM780 won't unkey (stop transmitting) SSDR I have to click MOX by hand to stop SSDR from transmitting - here is a video of this:

https://flic.kr/p/DAHX3i

Any ideas of why DM780 won't unkey SSDR 1.6 ?

• Mark N1KM
    Mark N1KM Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I experienced this exact same things, albeit on Windows 7 rather than 10. DM780 worked just fine for a while, then started behaving as you describe. I found that I could either unclick MOX or close out DM780 and it would stop transmitting. Ultimately, I ended up rebooting my machine and I have yet experience the issue again.
  • Jim
    Jim Member
    edited February 2016
    If it were in a buffer you would insert <stop> then  it would stop
    On main screen DM 780 you type a line to stop TRX you push ESC key will end the TRX.Give that a try and see if that solves the problem.
  • kg5eiu
    kg5eiu Member ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Negative - escape will stop a transmit - but it will NOT un-key the radio.
    ( have rebooted, fresh install etc.)
  • AB9UU
    AB9UU Member ✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Exact same problem  Will not un-key.  I watch the cursor go through my macro as it transmits and it leaps over the <stop> and does not un-key.  Annoying.
  • dlwarnberg
    dlwarnberg Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Suggestion... get yourself a copy of "Advanced Serial Port Monitor" and monitor the port the CAT control signals are sent on.  (EDIT, there is also now the ability to look at the LOGS for the com port selected in SmartSDR CAT)... I'd bet the HRD radio control program is not sending the proper "unkey" command.. I switched from HRD controlling the radio to DDutil and have never experienced an issue... I believe FLEX uses the same CAT commands as Kenwood or specific FLEX commands.... see document: http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr-cat-user-guide-pdf/

It should be something like this:
    ZZRX Sets or reads the MOX button Get ZZRX ; Set ZZRX P1 ; Answer ZZRX P1 ; Notes: P1 Values: 0 = Off, 1 = On

Anyway this will allow you to see exactly what is going on and if the radio is actually getting the unkey command.

Good luck

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.