Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300, SSDR v1.10.16, N1MM Again

Fred-NA2U
Fred-NA2U Member ✭✭
I was operating in the RTTY WPX.  Everything was working fine when I shut down last night.  This morning the Flex 6300 (vv1.10.19.91) won't talk to N1MM+ (v1.0.7047.0).  Smart CAT Com16 has RTTY working fine but Com22 is not working with the radio.  Com22 is CAT, Serial, FlexVSP, VFO Slice A, Auto Switch TX Slice enabled.  Port settings are 38400,N,8,1,DTR=Always Off,RTS=Always Off.

I have rebooted EVERYTHING multiple times and N1MM just won't pickup the Flex frequency.  I may be expecting to much by thinking that stuff should just work when you turn it off and turn it back on.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I will be moving everything to a different computer next month which may solve some problems but that won't help me today.  Thanks!

Comments

• Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018

Every morning before I turn on my Flex, I say a little prayer. Maybe that's the trick.

Jim, K6QE

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Did windows update happen to run through the night?

If it did, sometimes the WindBlows update breaks SmartSDR CAT drivers and breaks the COM ports, not so much anymore but there for a while it was a serious issue with Windows 10. 

If you go to SmartSDR CAT does it show all your ports as being operational (Blue Color)and if so does it show anything in COM22 's "Process"  information?  and when you have N1MM+  up and running? 
    Should show what is using that COM port so if something else has grabbed the COM port it will show you there what it may be. OH and sometime if you run a 3rd party Virus protection and it does a update it can break the COM ports.

Thanks and 73's
    Bret
  • Fred-NA2U
    Fred-NA2U Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    A major oversight.  CAT wasn't seeing the radio as connected.  It's always something simple.  Thanks, Bret!
  • Fred-NA2U
    Fred-NA2U Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    How to close this problem as "Solved"?

• Bill Turner
    Bill Turner Member
    edited February 2018

I had the same problem when running Windows 7.  Win7 apparently does not handle VSP's well. I upgraded to Windows 10 and the problem went away. That may or may not fix it but it's worth a try.

73, Bill W6WRT

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.