Flex 6300, SSDR v1.10.16, N1MM

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Solved
I finally broke down and upgraded from SSDR v1.6.17 to v1.10.16.  I fired up N1MM to set up for the RTTY contest and N1MM and the Flex are not talking to each other.  Ports for which I had set for N1MM (COM4 for radio and COM10 for CW/Other) no longer appear in CAT v1.10.17.  So I changed the radio to COM7, which appears in CAT, and changed to COM13, newly created for CW/Other.  I was unable to get COM4 and COM10 as port choices when trying to reset ports.

When I fire up N1MM it shows as the Process for these two com ports in CAT BUT when I start N1MM the 6300 goes to transmit and will not stop until I shutdown N1MM.  N1MM is not reading the radio frequency.  I can't begin to know if MMTTY will work until I can get the radio and N1MM talking to each other.

Looking like another case of 'don't fix it if it ain't broke' but that's where I am.  I just hate changing/upgrading when everything is already working.  Any suggestions for fixing the setup would be appreciated.

73 from the desert.....Fred/NA2U
Photo of Fred-NA2U

Fred-NA2U

• 53 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • Bummed

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Fred-NA2U

Fred-NA2U

• 53 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Official Response
Problem solved.  Had to create 'new' COM ports.  Also had to create a 'new' Winkey port as the original disappeared.  This just should not happen.  Upgrading versions should not change these existing settings.  It just shouldn't. 

I always make screens captures so I know later how things were set.  I guess that won't work with SSDR.

Thanks all for suggestions.

73 from the desert...........Fred/NA2U