Flex 6300 reports connection lost after about 5 seconds of connect with no live activity displayed

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)

Flex 6300 has been running great, was operating this afternoon, clicked some control on screen, don't recall what, and received a Connection Lost window with message The connection to the radio was lost.  Please reconnect.  I am now unable to get beyond this problem.  I clicked ok and the Radio Setup screen reports the Flex-6300 In Use (193.168.11.3) and has a yellow Update.  The cycle repeats as follows:  shut down 6300 by holding in the power button until the power stops.  The Radio Setup screen Radios goes blank and the yellow Update continues.  Reboot the 6300, after green light goes steady the Radios shows the Flex-6300 available.  Click on Available, yellow Update becomes green Connect.  Click on Connect, Smart SDR reports client connected at 193.168.11.3 but no live activity displayed, just controls on the right, and the TNF CWX on the bottom.  The mouse is live, I can click on CWX and get the screen.  After about 5 seconds the Connection Lost screen displays and the entire cycle is repeated.  I have rebooted the computer numerous times and tried a different Ethernet cable. 

Wayne, N4FP

Photo of N4FP

N4FP

• 27 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of WX7Y

WX7Y

• 447 Posts
  • 79 Reply Likes
when this happens to me all I do it shut down SmartSDR and start it again, I never do the "UPDATE radio" when this happens.
something hiccuped on your network between the radio and computer more then likely, 
Hope you find your problem.

73's
Bret
WX7Y
Photo of N4FP

N4FP

• 27 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

I am not trying to do an Update.  That is what shows up when I click okay to the Lost Connection message.  The hiccup happens every time I try to start SSDR, it will not complete a start and loses connection after about 5 seconds.  Something is corrupted.

Wayne, N4FP

(Edited)
Photo of K1UO - Larry

K1UO - Larry

• 705 Posts
  • 117 Reply Likes

This happened to me once with a 6500 Wayne.  I had to remove power from the radio and let it reset and also shutdown SSDR and restart fresh in order to get the UPDATE light to go out.  I was not attempting an update either it just happened when I hit something in one of the menus on the right side of the screen.

Regards,

Larry  K1UO

Photo of N4FP

N4FP

• 27 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Dudley worked with me and finally suggested I do a reset of the internal database by holding in the power button when I started the 6300 until the color changed to white.  After the reset all was okay.  Thanks for the suggestions. 

Wayne, N4FP

Photo of Rick  WN2C

Rick WN2C

• 176 Posts
  • 27 Reply Likes
Same thing happened to me today. Went through the same steps with no good results. I finally reset the radio and it worked FB after that. However I am still having troubles with the DAX. I guess I will do an uninstall / reinstall and see what happens. Had received the 6300 on Monday and been playing with it since. Still on the learning curve.
73, Rick  WN2C

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.