Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 Receiver Testing

Philip KA4KOE
Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
edited March 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I wonder if Sherwood plans to put a 6300 on his test bench. I would be very interested to see the differences incurred via absence of the front end filtering. Otherwise, I hear that the front end is very robust in any event. I plan on taking mine to our W4ECA field day event. Heck, I may even inadvertently generate some sales for this fine company.

FEELEEP

Answers

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    The Flex will do great in a Field Day. My neighbor blasting CW on 17m at 600+ watts doesn't seem to bother my flex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrXjmoXJcA0

For Field Day, the biggest issue is not having the Maestro... I really think the Maestro will shine in a FD situation due to the bright screen and the convenience of knobs. I have used a Flex 1500 in field days and it worked great but I had to find shade because the laptop I brought didn't have a particularly bright screen. So keep that in mind.

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Phillip, yes, he stated he'd be looking at both the 6300 and Maestro.
  • Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Great. Hopefully my Maestro will get here in time.

• Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    My question is what program was used to screen grab that live action?
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I use ManyCam. https://manycam.com/
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    I don't expect there to be much difference due to not having preselectors.  They are intended for rejecting some of the out-of-band RF energy when using the radio in a very high RF environment, like a multi-multi contest.  The ADC saturation characteristics are the same for the 6300 as the 6500/6700. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.