Flex 6300 Receiver Testing

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
I wonder if Sherwood plans to put a 6300 on his test bench. I would be very interested to see the differences incurred via absence of the front end filtering. Otherwise, I hear that the front end is very robust in any event. I plan on taking mine to our W4ECA field day event. Heck, I may even inadvertently generate some sales for this fine company.

FEELEEP
Photo of Philip KA4KOE

Philip KA4KOE

• 174 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of EA4GLI - 8P9EH - Salvador

EA4GLI - 8P9EH - Salvador

• 1758 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
The Flex will do great in a Field Day. My neighbor blasting CW on 17m at 600+ watts doesn't seem to bother my flex.

For Field Day, the biggest issue is not having the Maestro... I really think the Maestro will shine in a FD situation due to the bright screen and the convenience of knobs. I have used a Flex 1500 in field days and it worked great but I had to find shade because the laptop I brought didn't have a particularly bright screen. So keep that in mind.
Photo of Walt - KZ1F

Walt - KZ1F

• 3040 Posts
  • 643 Reply Likes
Phillip, yes, he stated he'd be looking at both the 6300 and Maestro.
Photo of Philip KA4KOE

Philip KA4KOE

• 174 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Great. Hopefully my Maestro will get here in time.
Photo of Philip KA4KOE

Philip KA4KOE

• 174 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
My question is what program was used to screen grab that live action?
Photo of EA4GLI - 8P9EH - Salvador

EA4GLI - 8P9EH - Salvador

• 1758 Posts
  • 536 Reply Likes
I use ManyCam. https://manycam.com/
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9152 Posts
  • 3478 Reply Likes
I don't expect there to be much difference due to not having preselectors.  They are intended for rejecting some of the out-of-band RF energy when using the radio in a very high RF environment, like a multi-multi contest.  The ADC saturation characteristics are the same for the 6300 as the 6500/6700. 
(Edited)