Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 receiver improvements with version 2

Rick  WN2C
Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
To those who have a 6300, how much difference in the receiver have you seen. What specifically can you say about the IMD DR3 that Gerald was alluding to in this thread: https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/v2-improved-dynamic-range-for-flex-6300

How much real world improvement do you see or hear?

Answers

• Ross - K9COX
    Ross - K9COX Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I will say this, I went from a 6300 to a 6500 about 10 months ago and the performance differences are mostly in the eyes and ears of the beholder. I would speculate that the differences are greatest with measurements that you will not notice. Market forces are a powerful motivator as is the placebo effect.
  • Gopro
    Gopro Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Better one cannot say!
  • Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    So I take it that no one uses a 6300 and/or does not hear a difference in the receiver?
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    The receiver improvements to which Gerald referred were for better dynamic range. Unless you had been experiencing strong signal overload before the change, you wouldn't notice any difference after the change.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.