Flex 6300 on 630M

• Praise
  • Updated 9 months ago
I am very pleased with my Flex 6300 on 630 meters.  I am using it with a MF Solutions Transmit Converter.  I am using the Flex transverter output which is set at 15 dBm.  Power output on 474.2 kHz is about 20 watts.

Ted, KC3OL
Photo of KC3OL

KC3OL

• 8 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Andrew Thall

Andrew Thall

• 134 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
I just got approved for 630m operation.  What are you using for an antenna???
Photo of KC3OL

KC3OL

• 8 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I have an 80 meter dipole with the ends of the feedline tied together and then connected to a home made variometer that is wound on a 5 gallon bucket.  I have been on WSPR and JT9 for 1 week and have had 20 QSO's so far.
Photo of Gary L. Robinson

Gary L. Robinson

• 237 Posts
  • 46 Reply Likes
Impressive and inspirational!  I was thinking a different route - but now I may go with the MF Solutions.  Thanks for the info on your setup.
(Edited)
Photo of Cal Spreitzer

Cal Spreitzer

• 346 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
Ted are you using a 10Mhz Reference Input with your converter?  I've just ordered their kit with 10Mhz option.  Just curious if you have any drift?  Hopefully my approval will come within the next 30 days.  Thanks for the info! 

Cal/N3CAL
Photo of KC3OL

KC3OL

• 8 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Cal,  I am not using the 10Mhz input.  My amount of drift is acceptable.  According to the WSPR database, the reported drift on my signal is usually 2 Hz.   I am using the XVTR output on . my Flex 6300.   RF Freq set at .474 and IF Freq set at 3.674.  Max Power is set at  15.0 dBm.
Photo of Cal Spreitzer

Cal Spreitzer

• 346 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
Ted,  thanks for all the info!  Hope to be on the air with mine once my approval comes in next month.  I'll be listening for you in the mean time!  73

Cal/N3CAL
Photo of Cal Spreitzer

Cal Spreitzer

• 346 Posts
  • 61 Reply Likes
Ted,  does your LO Freq (Mhz) populate when you set the RF and IF Freq in the Flex transverter setup?   For some reason mine doesn't and I can enter anything in the LO Freq window??  It remains blank but shows valid??

Cal (N3CAL)
(Edited)
Photo of Ted Holdahl

Ted Holdahl

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Cal,  It does.  I have found some bugs with the XVTR setup and can talk you through it on the phone if you wish.   
Call me at 913-486-5657
Ted, KC3OL
Photo of k3Tim

k3Tim

• 831 Posts
  • 162 Reply Likes
Reading the requirements for the new bands it seems one can commence operation 30 days after notifying UTC.  A disapproval and it's game over.

From ARRL:
http://www.arrl.org/news/fcc-opens-630-and-2200-meter-bands-stations-must-notify-utc-before-operatin...

Section 97.313(g)(2) of those rules requires that, prior to starting operation in either band, radio amateurs must notify UTC that they intend operate by submitting their call signs, intended band(s) of operation, and the coordinates of their antenna’s fixed location. The new rules do not permit any mobile operation.

“Amateur stations will be permitted to commence operations after a 30-day period,unless UTC notifies the station that its fixed location is located within 1 kilometer of Power Line Carrier (PLC) systems operating on the same or overlapping frequencies,” the FCC said. PLC systems are unlicensed.