Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 not booting

Options
Didin't use the radio for two weeks and it's not powering up anymore. When I push the power button the fan in the radio start but led doesn't light up. After 10-15 seconds fan stop. Tried a reset, Had to remove power to radio, reaply power and hold power button for 5 sec. White light flash for couple second and radio turn off. Tried to remove all cables, measure voltage but all seems good and my other radios works normally.

Comments

• Sylvain Paquette
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Was hoping to get some help with this problem. Anyone had this happen ?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.

• Ross Lambert
    Ross Lambert Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I am having the same problem all of a sudden today. The radio was operating normally this morning. It is left on during the day for reception of JT65 and MS.  When I arrived home the radio was off.  There was no power failure here today.  When I pushed the power on button the fan comes on but no blinking green light. After a short time the fan shuts off. I am submitting a help ticket 
  • Sylvain Paquette
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Had to send the radio for repair after that problem. Lost it for two months. When it came back I sold it.
  • Delbert McCord
    Delbert McCord Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I just had this happen to my 6300 last night. Wow I am underwhelmed to read it will take 2 months to get it back from them. I have planned my setup around that rig. I have a really bad knee and have built a room in my pole barn that is heated and air conditioned to use as a shack, office, reload room. I access the rig via my network. I just can not go up and down the stairs anymore to use the radios. I have spare rigs but will be off HF until I get this handled. 

Is there anywhere else that repairs the Flex rigs? Hopefully a little quicker. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    This repair was handled via a dealer outside of the US.  To be fair, the amount of time the radio was in our repair facility is significantly less than 2 months.  The average time for regular warranty repairs is a little more than a business week.  Expedited repairs are less.

The only authorized service centers are in the US and Germany.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.