Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 Microphone pin outs

Are the pinouts for the microphone connector for a 6300 similar to a Kenwood, Icom or Yeasu Mike pinouts? I seem to remember that its equivalent to a Yeasu. Yes/No?

Answers

• Ernest - W4EG
    Ernest - W4EG Member ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    If it is like all the other Flex radios ... the pin out is Yeasu

I just confirmed it ... And here is Tim's answer... Yeasu.
  • Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Ernest and I should enter the Olympics if they ever have a synchronized typing event.  :)

You can skip the pins that you don't use but make sure you put then together and ground them so that you don't have RFI antennas.  I have had great luck with the Heil shielded mic cable in keeping RFI at bay.
  • NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019

As I recall, the hand mic provided by FRS is a Yeasu product. I use a **** mic with the Heil mic cable. Use the cable with the orange sleeve on the mic xlr connector. Works perfectly for me.

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Flex is the same as Yeasu for both the 8pin RJ45 and the 8 pin mic plug.
    va3mw
  • George Moranian
    edited December 2014
    Thanks Everyone. Now I have Configure my Mic switch panel (It's setup for Kenwood Mics) so I can adapt it to the Yeasu cable. Should be simple enough. I do have a Flex 3000 but it has a 8 pin RJ45 connection. 

George N1NAZ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.