Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX-6300 / MAESTRO / Computer on wired router w/separate WiFi

Brian K7ON
Brian K7ON Member
edited February 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am running a Flex-6300 with Maestro, both connected to the wired router, as well as the computer.  When using the radio with Maestro, DAX and SDR CAT allow access to the radio on the computer.  The only problem is that my internet is on a separate network (WiFi) and does not work when connected to the local wired router?  Help?

Answers

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    What are you asking for help?
  • Brian K7ON
    Brian K7ON Member
    edited September 2016
    How do I make the computer WiFi (USB dongle) work with the internet in the other room?
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Why dont you connect both networks together?  Is it physically not possible to get a cable in there?
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Using an Ethernet cable from you internet provider router to your radio shack it is the recommended approach. But if this is impossible you could purchase a WiFi Range Extender with an Ethernet port like this one.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Extender-Gigabit-Ethernet-RE355/dp/B016K07YT8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronic...

The Ethernet port would go to the same switch where the Flex radio and Maestro are connected to.

Not sure the reason to give internet connectivity to the Flex radio.... and the Maestro has wifi so it gets internet connection for updates... 

Unless what you are trying to do is to have the Flex radio be part of your LAN or home network so you can access it from anywhere in the house.
    If that it the case, then the repeater I linked will do.

Still.... I think it would be better to look at the option of running an ethernet cable into the radio shack.
  • Brian K7ON
    Brian K7ON Member
    edited September 2016
    Well, I fixed the problem with a Belkin N600 Dual-Band Range Extender found on Amazon for just over $15 with free Prime shipping.  It is now all hooked up and works as intended.

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Glad we could help you and thanks for coming back and letting us know your solution.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.