Flex 6300 I/Q bandwidth

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
Hi all,

I've purchased a used 6300 for use in feeding a spotting network we are creating.  I also hope to use this small radio for road trips and future field day, etc.

I have a question about the I/Q bandwidth and how it relates to CW Skimmer.  

I am using SliceMaster to integrate the radio and skimmer.   I have my DAX IQ channels set to 96khz sampling.

This may simply be a cw skimmer scrolling issue or some other issue but if I for example open a pan and put my slice at 14.020.  If I enable DAX I/Q, make sure slice master is running and let the skimmer come up I find when I scroll up and down in the skimmer that I cover the range of roughly:

~14.012.5  to  14.027.5 or about 15Kc

The specs for the 6300 say:

·         DAX IQ Channels/Bandwidth per Channel (DAXIQ): 2 @ 24 kHz - 96 kHz

So I was expecting to get closer to 24 kc.

Is this just a skimmer issue?  Is the radio really putting out the full 24 kc to skimmer?

I did the same test on my Flex 6600 and found my skimmer scrolling to cover about 24 kc

Is this what I should expect from both radios?
Photo of Mark - WS7M

Mark - WS7M

• 994 Posts
  • 354 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Paul

Paul

• 435 Posts
  • 127 Reply Likes
Hi Mark, it may be that you have come up against the same issue that I highlighted in a recent question:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexr...

I may be wrong but it sounds like a similar scenario. If so, it's not an issue with skimmer and you will not be able to exploit the full specified DAX IQ bandwidth as the filtering is not (and will not be) configurable.