Flex 6300 hardware revision?

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
Hello,

I'm going to try the Flex 6300. It would be my first SDR and I would like to buy a used one.

I have one offer, the owner says that the radio is over 1 year old - May 2014.

I was wondering if there is any hardware difference between most recent models and the earlier?

Thank you
KC8P
Photo of Mario - KC8P

Mario - KC8P

• 57 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Steve N4LQ

Steve N4LQ

• 568 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
The 6300 is fine except for random clicks and pops when using QSK CW. If you aren't using it for that, go for it. I doubt if you will find out of hardware changes were made. 
6500 is great though!
Photo of George Molnar, KF2T

George Molnar, KF2T, Elmer

• 1678 Posts
  • 614 Reply Likes
No changes.
Photo of Lewis Cheek

Lewis Cheek

• 240 Posts
  • 42 Reply Likes
George, you sure you're correct on "No Changes", seems ( I had two, so I know first hand) somewhere along the way Flex corrected the xmit audio, or at least claims they did. I asked when, based on build date or S/N change was made and never received a firm answer. FWIW both of the ones I had were early units. I may get another 6000 one day, but don't think I want to try another 6300 :)
Photo of Clay N9IO

Clay N9IO

• 630 Posts
  • 169 Reply Likes
None to my knowledge, If you can get it at a deal price go for it and don't look back.
I am having a lot of fun with mine and a few of my buds. Excellent rig!

73'  Clay N9IO
Photo of W7NGA

W7NGA

• 451 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Mario, I have just returned from vacation in Asia and came home deciding to sell my 9 month old Flex 6300. It is in perfect condition, has the optional ATU (antenna tuner) and I will be selling it relatively cheap to help finance a new 6500. Contact me if interested.

W7NGA
San Juan Island, Wa.
Photo of KB4AAA

KB4AAA

• 47 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
W7NGA Are you still looking to sell your 6300? I am looking for a used 6300
Photo of Mario - KC8P

Mario - KC8P

• 57 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Thanks guys I've decided to with 6500