Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 + Fldigi Not able to make it work

Santiago Mejia HI8O
Santiago Mejia HI8O Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Good day all. I'm still trying to make Fldigi work with my Flex 6300 and SmartSDR, but I don't seem to be able to. 

I've read almost every post in the community (specially Tim's) and seen a lot of videos recommended here in the community and in other reflectors. But so far it's not working. As far as I know, I'm creating the ports right and configuring rig cat correctly, but Fldigi is just not connecting with the radio. 

I'm using the following:

Flex 6300
SmartSDR v3.1.8
Fldigi 4.1.08
Windows 10 PC

See some of the pictures below. I managed to create 2 instances of Fldigi (Slices A and B), but I'm not making even one work correctly. 

I'm pretty sure it's a mistake from my end (still relatively new to the Flex world). I know you must be tired of answering these questions over and over, but can anyone point me in the right direction?

Santiago

imageimageimage

Comments

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Santiago

Thanks for the screenshot images, I see one issue, you've created PTT ports ins SmartCAT,and for what you're intending to do with Fldigi, they need to be created as Serial VSP CAT ports

SDRgadgets

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020

Santiago

Also

I you need to discuss/learn why that is, I can be found by clicking on the #FlexRadio IRC chat link in my post signature, just supply your callsign as a nick. I'm in there 24/7 waiting to help or discuss. 

SDRgadgets

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J
  • K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited March 2020
    You've also got the CAT for PTT command enabled as well. You only need one PTT method.
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited January 2020
    Thanks Jay...did that and still no luck. My guess now is that I'm not using correct xml files. looking for them in the internet and now I just get errors. If anyone has Slices A and B xml, please send them to hi8smx@yahoo.com

I will keep trying.
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited January 2020
    Thanks will do.
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited January 2020
    Thanks Danny. Corrected that.
  • Santiago Mejia HI8O
    edited March 2020
    I got the xml by email, from WE5TR and now it's working. Thank you all!, now on to the next part of the process.
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Santiago
    Some/many web browsers will try to convert the .xml code to .html code when you try to save them, the actual downloads links at https://sourceforge.net/projects/fldigi/files/xmls/flex/
    are in the correct xml format, but saving them with a web browser is tricky, and rather hard to explain about.

SDRgadgets

#FlexRadio IRC chat

73, Jay - NO5J

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.