Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 Doesn't Connect

Wally
Wally Member
My 6300 which has been stored for several months needed up upgrade when I tried to use it the first time. The upgrade was successful and I used the radio for several days on software 1.12.1 to make a number of contacts. Then it just stopped connecting to the computer. The SDR software says it can't find the radio. This computer runs Win 8.1 so I tried a Win 7 machine still with 1.12.1 and it worked a few times and then it too can't find the radio. I deleted and reloaded the SDR software and checked the Ethernet cable between the radio and computer and even ran a new line and went straight to the computer instead of through the router and...they still couldn't find each other. I finally used a new Win 10 computer and so far it's working alright still with 1.12.1 but I can't use the this computer all of the time. I need it to run on the 8.1 machine.
What am I missing?
Wally Kenyon
W8WLK

Comments

• Ken Hansen
    Ken Hansen Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Are you certain the IP address for the radio isn't changing? Are you familiar with setting DHCP reservations in your router so the computers and radio maintain static up addresses? That may be an issue. Additionally, please describe how your computer and radio are ultimately connected to the router - for example: Win8.1 computer has a wireless adapter that connects to the router, and the Flex 6300 is on a Cat5e cable connected to a switch in my shack, which is wired directly to the router. Ken
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited September 2019
    Hi Wally

It sounds like a firewall issue on your Win 8 computer.  Can you try turning it off.

Also, is there any difference between the networks of the Win 10 computer and the Win 8 computer?

While connected to the radio with the Win 10 computer, can you tell me the IP address of the radio?

Are you using any range extenders or WiFi?

Mike

• Wally
    Wally Member
    edited September 2019
    It's all good...  I checked to make sure my router was on the Allow list and it was. I held the power button until it changed color and then re-booted it. Then I re-booted the computer and router and now it works as advertised.The radio and computers are hard wired to the Netgear router. I don't use WiFi at all.
    Thanks everyone for your quick replies...now I can stop pulling my hair out!
    Wally

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.