Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 crashing and emitting a tone from the speaker after update to 1.7.30

Options
Since I've updated to the SmartSDR 1.7.30 software I've experienced two crashes of my 6300. Along with the crash the radio also was emitting a tone from the speaker. I tried to shut down the radio with the power button, but it wouldn't shut off the radio. I had to shut down the power supply. After restarting the radio it seems to work as it should, but this has happened twice since I updated to the 1.7.30 software. Both times that I experienced this problem I was in the listening mode, I wasn't doing anything with the radio but listening to a QSO. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Any help would be welcome. Thanks Rick

Comments

• Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hello Rich- Your experience is similar to others including myself. Be assured that FRS is working the problem.
  • Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Im having the same problem intermittently.  Using the Maestro and 6500, not Smartsdr.  Richard you dont have to turn off the power supply, Just hold in the power button on the flexradio until it forces a shutdown.
  • Bill Turner
    Bill Turner Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Same here but only once so far. A harsh buzzing sound and like Richard, could not turn off the radio with the front panel button. Had to turn off the power supply.

73, Bill W6WRT

• Jim  KJ3P
    Jim KJ3P Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Ditto here on the very loud noise from the speakers, but I'm still running 1.6.21!  Oh no!  This started happening about a week or two ago, but not in the last few boots.

--jim KJ3P
  • Richard Kemp
    Richard Kemp Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thank You to everyone who commented. I've been looking around the community and it seems like many operators are having the same problem. It seems like it doesn't matter whether you have a 6300, 6500, or a 6700 radio. It looks like there is a glitch in the new 1.7.30 software. FRS says it is working hard to correct the problem, so l'll wait for a new software update. Rick
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2020
    Options
    This issue has been previously reported and is in our bug tracker as issue #3597.  It is currently being investigated.
  • Jim  KJ3P
    Jim KJ3P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I did not make it clear in my post that this phenom has happened intermittently to my 6500, but  running 1.6.21.  Using Win10.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification.  This is an equal opportunity defect, as it does not discriminate on radio model.
  • Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I was having crashes also on my 6500 after the upgrade.   So I did a complete de-install.  Re-installed 1.7.30 and have not had a single crash.   Running very well.  I am running under Windows 7 home premium.  DDUtil v 3.2.4.00  Other programs I run are:  HRD DM780, HRD logbook WSJT-X v1.6, JTAlert v2.70.   Only other bug that I have SW wise is in WSJT-X.  It gives a band change error every other band change.  Correctable via a retry from the error box that is presented at time of error.  this is a communications error via CAT.   Other then that one minor problem all is very stable after the re-install.  - Pat
  • KA9CFD
    KA9CFD Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I am having this issue once in a while on my Flex 6500 and the newest software version. Any solutions yet?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.