Flex 6300 connections

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered

Hi all I am at the point of upgrading from my Flex 3000 to 6300 however I have a question on connecting the radio to the computer.

is it as simple as connecting the Ethernet cable to the 6300 and the other end to the Ethernet port on my PC ???

I have no hard wired internet in my shack just a Wi-Fi dongle connected to my router would this be a problem?? I keep hearing that you need to set up a LAN connection ???

any info would be good please as I am on a steep learning curve here

cheers Keith M1VHT

Photo of Keith Morrison

Keith Morrison

• 35 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of James Kirk

James Kirk

• 79 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
I use the simple  route of just plugging the Ethernet cable into the PC and 6300. Works fine for me. Still use WiFi for my internet access as well.
Photo of kc7cm radio

kc7cm radio

• 12 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

All I did was run a LAN cable from the radio (6500) to a spare LAN port on my PC,  powered it up, waited a few minutes (not sure if necessary) to let the OS (Win 8.1) have a look at it, then loaded up the software, clicked on it, and there it was !  (oh, plugged in some speakers)  -  I will not admit how long it took of reading the book and playing with the controls to learn everything it would do.  And still learning.  Had mine for about 6 months. 

Walt

Photo of Keith Morrison

Keith Morrison

• 35 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes

Excellent thanks for your replies

73 Keith M1VHT

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.