FLEX 6300 Band data being lost after 10 - 12 seconds to BandMaster III for Array solutions 8 PAk and SPE amp

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Losing band data and flex stops working after 10-12 seconds after band change. I have been using DDUTIL, BandMaster III to control the SPE amp and the Array solutions 8 pack antenna switch for the last 2 years and everything worked fine till recently. Now when the radio comes up it works for 10-12 seconds then stops working until I switch bands it starts working again then stops after 10-12 seconds, Tried rebooting radio, computer, all programs DDUTIL, Smart SDR or the Maestro and the same problem every time.Tried restoring computer to earlier restore point and even reloaded the image of the disk same problem.  Appears the BCD data from the radio is intermittent or one of the flags or settings got changed. I tried reloading a profile and the same issue works for 10-12 seconds then disconnects the bandmaster which drives everything. Not sure if the bandmaster is bad. Maybe it is time for the USB cable. Does anyone make a USB cable that will substitute as Plug and play and I can remove the bandmaster and still control the SPE 1k and the array solutions 8 Pack easily? Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. The only way I can use the radio now is to manually set the 8 Pak and the radio works fine only on that antenna but I cannot switched bands remote as after I switch in 10-12 seconds it loses the BCD info to the BandMaster and my amplifiers default and radio not connected to the proper or in some cases no antenna. Thanks for helping. Anyone else having the problem. I wasted the entire day today over 12 hours trying to fix this. So lost out on the WAE contest .. Very frustrating. 73 Barry N2BJ
Photo of Barry J Cohen

Barry J Cohen

• 33 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Barry J Cohen

Barry J Cohen

• 33 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Official Response

My Computer USB ports were Hosed. Had to change out entire computer. Still working on the transition

Painful