Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6300 and speakers with Bluetooth capability?

Reggie
Reggie Member ✭✭
edited February 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

Will the Flex 6300 connect to speakers with Bluetooth capability?

Answers

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    No, not natively but you could buy a bluetooth transmitter to transmit it to a bluetooth speaker if you wish. You would take the output from the headphone jack and plug it into the line in of the bluetooth transmitter, then sync your speaker with the transmitter.

I worked on a setup like this about a year ago but with so many parts and pieces, I just decided it wasn't worth the effort.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited January 2017

The Bluetooth has nothing to do with the 6300. The blue tooth "listens" to the radio through the client you are using to control the radio. You only need to configure the default speaker of the client as Bluetooth.

Jim, k6QE

• Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I am using this product with good results. http://www.brookstone.com/indoor-outdoor-wireless-speakers?bkiid=Cross_Sell_Zone|ProductDetails|ConsiderationProducts|497362p
  • Reggie
    Reggie Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    The 6300 has to be paired to the Bluetooth speakers so the audio can be  transmitted from the 6300 to the speakers.  Therefore, the 6300 would need a Bluetooth transmitter to setup the link. 
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019

Wow that is news to me! I wasn't aware the 6000 series had a built-in Bluetooth system. Can anyone expand on this?

Jim, K6QE

• Reggie
    Reggie Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015

Thanks for the recommendation.  Since my speakers already have Bluetooth receiver, I will try this device: http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Transmitter-TaoTronics-Connected-Transmission/dp/B00P24XKS8/ref=sr_1...

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    No Bluetooth in the rig. The product described above plugs into the speaker jack and provides a wireless connection to Bluetooth-enabled speakers. 

Depending on your installation, it might be interesting to use, but I'm with Neal on this one, not worth the extra effort if the speakers are near the radio anyway.
  • Reggie
    Reggie Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    I did not want to add another set of speakers on my desk, so I am planning to share the speakers connected to my desktop with the Flex.
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Cool idea, then! Please share your results. I'm curious about how it works around RF.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015
    I guess I am thick: It would seem most computers used as a client to control the Flex have Bluetooth built in. If you are sitting in the room by the Flex, why not just use the Bluetooth on the computer rather than adding another one to the Flex audio output?
  • Reggie
    Reggie Member ✭✭
    edited September 2015

Jim,

I didn't think about that option.   I was able to connect my desktop to the speakers via Bluetooth (BT) which will allow me to connect the wired speaker input to the Flex.  I need to do some testing to ensure the BT doesn't disconnect from the computer.

• Steve W6SDM
    Steve W6SDM Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    I would be curious to see how well this works. Bluetooth has its own degree of latency, which might especially be a problem with QSK CW. Plus, you can only pair one decide at a time using Bluetooth so you're only advantage is not having the physical connection.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.