Flex 6300 and Maestro - Cannot connect via Ethernet Cable

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
Maestro cannot see the 6300 when wired together via an ethernet cable.  Have tried several cables
Photo of Mike Golden

Mike Golden

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Cal Spreitzer

Cal Spreitzer

• 449 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Have you tried rebooting both the Maestro and the Radio?   Sometimes a hard reset of the Maestro may be required (holding the power button down at least 10-15 seconds). 

Cal/N3CAL
Photo of Mike Golden

Mike Golden

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yes, many times.  Manual indicates this is a total no-brainer.
Photo of Gayle Lawson

Gayle Lawson

• 100 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
Mike:

Glad you got he RFI problem fixed or minimized. .

Since you have a wire less router there, try plugging the radio into one of the router's hardwired ports and the  Maestro into another port.  Will it work this way with the router's DHCP supplying IP addresses?  When your direct connected is the led on the Maestro's Ethernet connector blinking?  Since you have controlled the radio using the wireless, this leads me to wonder if the Maestro healthy.  

I'm connected through a  8 port switch, however, I also have a router in the mix, it's supplying IP addresses.   I use the router to connect my I Pad to the radio.   I have direct connected to the radio with no problems.  

You might start thinking about a help desk ticket.  Are you still in Cedar?

Gayle K0FLY
Photo of Mike Golden

Mike Golden

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi again.  I tried the router ports with no luck,  I also found an article that suggested instructing the Maestro to "forget" all past WIFI connections and try it then.  ALSO.....Even though the unit is plugged in, I was going to remove the battery as running on the battery disables the wired option. 

Yes, at main plant making sure the retirement checks flow.  If all else fails I can drop it off at your door on the way to work some day.

Mike K0KWM
Photo of Gayle Lawson

Gayle Lawson

• 100 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
Mike:

My users guide claims that either wired or WIFI can be used in the portable (Battery) mode.

I would have though that the Maestro reset would have made it forget the wireless connection.

Ok on dropping the unit off, Al Groff  and J oe Spinks also have systems with Maestros.

Gayle

Photo of W9WLX-Chuck

W9WLX-Chuck

• 62 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Is your radio set up for DHCP?

Chuck
Photo of WX7Y

WX7Y

• 787 Posts
  • 162 Reply Likes
Not sure of your network setup but try going through a dumb Ethernet switch with a Ethernet cable to each device and not your Router, Make sure you have connectivity lights on each port on the Switch that you have a cable plugged into If this works then maybe your router is set up for Privacy between ports and the WiFi. 

Good luck 
Bret
WX7Y
Photo of Mike Golden

Mike Golden

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks to everyone - problem solved.  The Maestro was running on battery power so no wired connection was available.  The power strip switch was off.  A true "Doh!" moment.