Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX 6300 (2 month old) looses more and more output power, every mode, every band, hardly maximum 8

2»

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for the data.  We are working with you via the HelpDesk for resolution
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Guy - unlike golf, more is better than less.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Thanks Tim. I am #13400.
  • Richard Kemp
    Richard Kemp Member
    edited May 2017
    I had a simalur problem when my 6300 was new. The help desk had me run a few tests. Nothing helped. They sent me a shipping ticket to send the radio back to Texas. They fixed it and shipped it back. It averaged around 96 watts of output, that is close enough for me. Flex paid the shipping to and from the service center, good deal.
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited May 2017
    Could someone tell me were uk owners send there radio for service,my 6500 is out of warranty.thanks
  • Michael Aust
    Michael Aust Member ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Well, maybe there a voltage drop that develops along the PCB traces over time,
    maybe time to check ohmic drop (voltage drop ) to PA deck internally or PA class AB bias  shift ( Check with FRS on how to proceed )

I use an external linear so I have a Poor Man's 100Watts output at about 85Watts here not a show stopper here with Flex6700 at 13.8Vdc applied.
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited March 2018
    FRStack has meters built in to read the DC voltage during TX as well as the output power and reflected power.  You need to maintain 13.8 volts during TX. Here is a link.
    http://www.mkcmsoftware.com/Flex/Index

Besides the meters is also has many other features you may find useful.
    73's  
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2017
    Tony - it is in Germany.  It is explained on our website. You need to open a HelpDesk support ticket to start the process.
    http://www.flexradio.com/support/service/
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2017
    Michael - in general, most of the issues are IR drop before the radio, not inside the radio.  The use of power distribution blocks and in-line fuses can add to the overall resistance leading to the radio getting less than the required 13.8 VDC needed to make full power.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.