Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex-6300 1.11 CAT weirdness, can't create VSP and other stuff

Options
Ria
Ria Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Helping a friend with his radio. He has a 6300 with 1.11.

The SmartSDR CAT cannot create new CAT ports. I did the repair procedure and I also completely reinstalled SmartSDR CAT. No go.

It does "work" with TCP ports but the CAT responses seem all wrong. For example if you're using WSJT-X on 10.138 MHz, the radio will go to 20.356 or something like that. PTT doesn't work.

He's using Win 7. 

What could be the issue here? 

Comments

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    When I try to create a new serial port it gives a FlexVSP error. 
  • LarryF
    LarryF Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi Ria Have you tried repairing the flexVSP file? ke2yc Larry
  • RoyS
    RoyS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Ria, take a look at Tim's reply in this post. Perhaps it will help.

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/cant-connect-via-cat-after-updating-6500-to-1-11-12

Roy - W5TKZ 
  • Neal - K3NC
    Neal - K3NC Inactive Employee ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Ria I have seen this when there were a lot of hidden ports or abandoned ports. Go to device manager, in the View Menu select Show Hidden Devices and then expand the serial ports section and see if there are hidden comm ports. One easy thing to do is open CAT,  right-click on the remove button and select reset. This will purge abandoned ports and resync the definitions with the CAT display. Reboot, then run CAT, go back and see if there are greyed out vsp ports. If so, select them, hit Del then OK. Get rid of them, reboot and see if it will work now.

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I did the repair procedure and I also completely reinstalled SmartSDR CAT. No go.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Thanks. I'll try that.
  • Brad A. Steffler
    Brad A. Steffler Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I have been following the conversation. Did Neal's advice work?

Brad
    KE4XJ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.