Flex 6000 series 1.71 SmartCAT and HRD PTT producing error

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
Just upgraded to 1.7.30.160 SmartSDR.  Everything works okay except PTT from DM 780. I  created a new DAX PTT COM port and set that port # in DM 780's PTT, and that did not work at all. So I used PTT via Ham Radio Deluxe because that worked for me using SmartSDR version 1.5. I am receiving digital data perfectly, but, when I attempt to send it, using the PSK31 mode, it activates PTT and starts sending for 1 second and then immediately stops sending. Then, an error pops up that says, " 9:SMART SDR, ... Transmitter Failed, The 9:SMART SDR configuration does not have a TX button displayed. Press 'OK' to  configure the radio pane output. " When I press "OK " on the popup, it then transmits the all the text from the line I was trying to send. If I click 'cancel', it also sends the whole line. Could this be because HRD is looking for a TX DAX channel button that used to be in the previous SmartSDR DAX versions? At this point, I can't use DM 780 for any digital digital transmissions without seeing this problem. Any help would be appreciated.....  
Photo of Doug K0DV

Doug K0DV

• 154 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Rick Hadley - W0FG

Rick Hadley - W0FG

• 605 Posts
  • 130 Reply Likes
First, delete any newly created ports in DAX.  Then go to Windows Device Manager, enable "view hidden ports" and delete any unused virtual port combinations.  Go back to DAX and create a new PTT Flex VSP port, enabling RTS & DTS. (I use Com 5).  Then in DM-780 select the new PTT COM port and also enable RTS & DTS.  Don't use PTT via HRD...in fact don't use the full HRD Radio setup at all.  It's a resource hog.  Use DDutil or MiniDeluxe instead.
Photo of Doug K0DV

Doug K0DV

• 154 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Thanks for the response. I got it working, but not sure why because my setup was the same as yesterday when I tried the DM 780 COM port method. While the computer was not rebooted, every program was restarted.  By the way, I deleted any unused virtual ports when I did a clean install of Version 1.7.30.160.

P.S.

I noticed that both our posts referred to a DAX PTT port, and I think we both meant CAT PTT port... in case others are reading this. (CAT for PTT switching and DAX for virtual audio.)

Rick you convinced me to try the COM port method again for PTT to HRD DM780 and that fixed... thanks again.
(Edited)
Photo of Rick Hadley - W0FG

Rick Hadley - W0FG

• 605 Posts
  • 130 Reply Likes
Yes, we both were referring to the CAT port.  Not enough coffee this morning to get the grey cells working properly in my case.
Photo of Doug K0DV

Doug K0DV

• 154 Posts
  • 17 Reply Likes
Agreed, same for me. By the way I was using PSk31 and decided to go to SSB using my global preset and when I went back to PSK31, the same error as I described above popped up. No PTT. I closed out everything software and restarted, this time there was no error message and it worked perfectly. Don't know whether this a Flex bug, or a HRD bug.
Photo of David Decoons wo2x

David Decoons wo2x, Elmer

• 1465 Posts
  • 310 Reply Likes

What version HRD? They are now up to 6.3.0.554

Are you running the main HRD program along with DM780? If so, consider running the latest DDUtil and in DDUtil setup check HRD 6.2 and Enable server buttons. Then run just DM780 and logbook without the main HRD program.

I can help you via TeamViewer if you need further help.

Dave wo2x

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.