Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 5000A - with RX2 & UV module - SDR 2.7.2 - drop down band selection menu on RX2.

Peter
Peter Member
edited January 2020 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
When I click on the "RX2 band" selection button on Power SDR (at the very bottom left hand corner of the PC screen), a drop down menu for choice of "Band Selection" appears.  There are some 27 bands available for selection - 1 for GEN, 10 for the HF bands, 1 for 6m band, 1 for WWV, 1 for VU 2m, 1 for VU 70m, and then 12 choices identified as VHF-2 thru VHF-13 (there is no VHF-1). On my standard Power SDR 2.7.2 installation, all band selection choices work APART FROM the 12 bands identified as VHF-2 thru VHF-13.  I assume these12 bands can, in some way, be programmed to specific VHF frequencies (say VHF repeaters or favoured local VHF frequencies). At the present time, the 12 selections simply bring up frequency ZERO and without any band being selected. These 12 buttons are presently useless, but they were clearly put there for a reason.

Can, and if so, how can, these 12 bands be programmed?
Why is there no similar selection (of 12 bands) shown for UHF (70cm band)?

Maybe there is a template in Power SDR to be filled out, but if so, I have not been able to locate it.  I have not been able to make the 12 buttons active via any programming of the Memory Interface template. But the 12 buttons must be there for some purpose.  I have not found any documentation on the matter.

Help most welcome!
Peter

Answers

• Paul_Mills
    Paul_Mills Member ✭✭
    edited January 2020
    I believe this is for external transverters, and setup in the XVTRs menu.
  • Peter
    Peter Member
    edited October 2016
    Thanks Paul....looks like that is correct.  I do not use a transverter and failed to look at that menu.
    Nothing further needed.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.