Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 5000a, KE9NS v 2.8.0.130, preamp question

Options
Paul Krog
Paul Krog Member
Has anyone running ke9ns v2.8.0.130 found the preamp always on during 10 m band SSB operation? All other bands the preamp is selectable on or off but on 10m band it cannot be turned off. Thank you in advance Paul de KR5OG

Answers

• Alan WA4SCA
    Alan WA4SCA Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Yep.  Open the ANT tab.  You will find a check box which says "Enable Preamp controls on 6m."  I know you said 10m, but just trust me!  Check it, and you will get a popup box which explains that having a preamp is required to insure CE compliance above 28 Mhz.  It you check it, you can control the preamp on both 10m and 6m.
  • Paul Krog
    Paul Krog Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Alan, awesome That worked, you are the expert today. I have to go one question further now, What is CE compliance and what does the preamp have to do with it? Thanks Paul KR5OG
  • Alan WA4SCA
    Alan WA4SCA Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Options
    "CE marking is a certification mark that indicates conformity with health, safety, and environmental protection standards for products sold within the European Economic Area."  As to why, I don't think I have ever heard a detailed explanation.  I do recall it actually had something to do with emissions, but not the details.  Sorry not be be as helpful here.
  • Paul Krog
    Paul Krog Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Alan, Thanks again for the wonderful fix for my issue and the explanation. Paul KR5OG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.