Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex+5000 low power

Doug Allen
Doug Allen Member ✭✭
Maximum 50 watts out

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Make sure the RF Drive level is set to 100.  50 is the default setting.
  • Doug Allen
    Doug Allen Member ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Tim, Was that an original setting when I first set up the Flex 5000 using the wizard? If so, how do I get back to the wizard? If it's just the Drive setting on the left side of Power SDR- well, the power output tracks accurately from 5 watts to 50 watts and shows no increase beyond the 50 setting.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Doug - I recommend submitting a support ticket via our HelpDesk (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) so we can assign you a case number.  For details on how to submit a HelpDesk support ticket, please refer to the following URL: http://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202118688-How-to-Submit-a-Request-for-Technical-Supp...   Once the support ticket is submitted, a support engineer will be in contact so we can work on the issue.  Make sure to include your radio's serial number.
  • Larry Scantlan
    edited June 2018
    I have just purchased a Flex 5000a (my very first SDR transceiver) and have installed the latest version of KE9NS' PowerSDR software (2.8.0.83).  My antenna is an end-fed dipole 40m-6m at 30 ft.  My microphone is a Heil PR781G and it is connected via an adapter AD-1-Y8 to the front of my 5000a.  I have followed all the setup instructions per PowerSDR.  The ATU tunes the antenna down to 1.1:1 as expected.  I have set the Drive in PowerSDR to 100 and yet the Fwd Pwr meter reading at peaks reads only 45-50 watts.  I then connected it to an MFJ-267 dummy load and it shows 100 watts out on all bands.  Why does PowerSDR not show the correct output on its meeting reading?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    It is reading correctly, the radio does not like the load from the antenna.
    It may be RF related. What is the SWR before tuning or tuner in by-pass?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited June 2018
    It's not a peak reading power meter.  It shows average power in SSB mode(s).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.