Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 3000 will not power on.

kb3byw
kb3byw Member ✭✭
My Flex 3000 will not tune on.  When I push the power button in the button goes in a fan turns on but the blue light will not light and what I'm assuming is a relay does not engage.  

Answers

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Chances are that an internal fuse has blown. Open it up and check.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    On the power plug make sure all wires are pushed in to make good contact, there are 2 red and 2 black, sometimes they pull out a bit. Push them in all the way.
    Upon startup just after you push the power button you should hear 2 clicks very close together.
  • ei3gqb
    ei3gqb Member
    edited March 2018
    Send to your nearest flexradio servise center..have one and it needed work onit done...over here i sent it to flexrepair europe in de..got it back as new..regards.de francis(ei3gqb)
  • ei3gqb
    ei3gqb Member
    edited March 2018
    Send to your nearest flexradio servise center..have one and it needed work onit done...over here i sent it to flexrepair europe in de..got it back as new..regards.de francis(ei3gqb)
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Could also be a firewire card/cable or port issue. Try another card / cable and make sure the cable end are correctly inserted. If this fails, then send it to your nearest service centre.
  • kb3byw
    kb3byw Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I will check the power wire, the fuse ,and the FireWire card and cable over the weekend. Thanks for the suggestions.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Like I said, there should be two clicks on power on. If you hear just one, it may need service. The firewire cable or card will not stop it from powering up.
  • Mal Bussey
    Mal Bussey Member
    edited March 2018
    Mine did something similar.  Once the case was off, it would turn on just fine. One of the front case screws was just long enough to touch the board under the switch side.  I put another washer under it as a shim and all is well. n5gkv
  • kb3byw
    kb3byw Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I hear both clicks, the fuse is good. I took the cover off and powered it up and the blue light came on. I turned the radio off and and turned it on again and no blue light.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Even if the blue light does not come on will it connect and you can run PSDR?
  • kb3byw
    kb3byw Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    No go
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I really don't know what could be the problem, I have had a 3000 for 12 years, so I know the radio really well, but this has me stumped, sorry.
  • kb3byw
    kb3byw Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks for the help. I'm going to pick up a fuse tomorrow if I can find one. I looked at the fuse it looked like it was ok I checked and there was no voltage across it.
  • kb3byw
    kb3byw Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I pulled the fuse and checked it and it is good.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.