Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

flex 3000 watt and swr reading on a dummyload

after connecting my flex 3000to a dummyload i see the folowing reading 
power 82 watt swr 1.3

when in normal transmit mode sthe power do not go to 100 watts even in fm and tuning mode 
do i need to send my flex 3000 in for calibration or is there a known problem 

Answers

• John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I think very few Flex radios hit that "nominal" mark of 100 watts on all bands. With that said, there are some things to check, DC power at the radio, power cable length, connector quality, and so on. On the 6000 series I have read that the recommended voltage at the radio is a good 14.4 volts DC. Check it on both receive and transmit, expect a slight drop by a few tenths of a volt during transmit.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    your power supply voltage may be a bit low at the radio, it needs to be upwards of 14.2V AT THE RADIO during TX to produce 100 watts output. 
    Sounds like your radio is working fine if your running at 13.8V. 

Bret
    WX7Y

• K4MT
    K4MT Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    As said if your power supply reads properly at the radio then you might need calibration.  Mine  had power levels different on all bands and the power reading in PowerSDR was 10 watts lower than actual output power.

I have a Powermaster meter and did the calibration and now my 3000 is 100W on all bands and readings in PowerSDR are correct as well. 

You could have a corrupt xml file and there is a procedure for copying EEprom data from radio back into PowerSDR but a help desk ticket and conversation with Flex will answer if this might be the cause.

Of course no one will hear the difference between 85 watts and 100

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.