Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 3000 Problem

Burt
Burt Member
Flex 3000: Blue Light on saying the radio is powered on. Green Light on back of the radio is lit saying the computer is talking with the radio via the Fire Wire. I click on SDR 2.7.2 icon I get "Available Radio Interfaces" screen. Demo slot is shaded indicating it is the only one available. Slot for my radio is not shaded indicating it is not available. That screen is as far as I can go. What is wrong?

Comments

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Did your check the connection between computer and the 3000 ?
  • Mike Sonn KF9AF
    Mike Sonn KF9AF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    You need Power SDR for the Flex 3000.  It can be found here:
    https://ke9ns.com/flexpage.html
  • ei3gqb
    ei3gqb Member
    edited April 2020
    Power down power sdr..and the 3000..asuming this is first time connect of computer to 3000 then you should see the setup connection between each onscreen as loading eprom to the 3000 and pc..this takes a few minutes...frist though with 3000 powered down...open powersdr ..u should see demo mode onscreen...then power up the 3000...wait till the two see each other this will show as eprom loading and both devices connect...when this completes you will see your 3000 show below the demo indicator as your 3000's serial number...once this is done you can then switch powersdr on...the two should be shaking hands so to speak..if you see action on any and all bands then its working...also you need to install V.A.C. ..4.8 ontoyour computer..thats virtual audio connector...this makes things a bit more able to work...connect a powered audio amplifier to the 3.5mm audio connection on the 3000..2 to 5 watts is fine..in settings on powersdr you set audio to the VAC.. you yse this as your addio rather than your sound card on your pc...if you have a copy of the manual for the 3000 study it and things will be even more clear than ive described here..once youve got everything going on the pc and radio im sure you will be impressed with the 3000 and its workings..even yhough its not made anymore its still relevant..regards francis..ei3gqb..
  • Mike Sonn KF9AF
    Mike Sonn KF9AF Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    NVM.  Misread your post.

• Burt
    Burt Member
    edited January 2019

Sorry Francis for not responding sooner.  I tried all of your suggestions. Nothing works. I am beginning to think problem is with the radio.  I have also tried the 2.8 version by KE9NS.

Burt AF5AA
  • ei3gqb
    ei3gqb Member
    edited January 2019
    Could be firewire chip in the 3000 burt..my 3000 was a gift from a friend...had the same problem..so he told me to send it to the flex repair center in germany..i did.. it had 3 components replaced..the firewire chip the overload protection chip and a rf choke..costing €18..total cost was €198..for testing and 2.5 hours on the test bench..which my buddy paid for..got the radio back from germany with the invoice..and payment was not needed in advance..got it checked out the 3000 for 2 days before my friend bankwired the fee to the flex eu repairshop...all in all a vgood customer experience..find out the nearest flex repair shop to and include a simple writen review of the ploblem in your package that gives them the heads up of what to look for..hope you get the 3000 sorted and back in working order..great radio when everything comes working..regards francis
  • Walinuk
    Walinuk Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Burt,

Would you please let me know on how to contact the repair center in Germany? as when I request the repair of my 'Flex3000, I'm always redirected to the USA, germany is much closer to me, I reside in the UK. Thanks Burt. 
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Flexradio repair service Germany: Norbert Wrede, DC6UW FlexRadio Systems Service Center EU Habyer Str. 22 24361 Gross Wittensee Tel.: (04356) 1625 E-Mail service-eu@flex-radio.com
  • Walinuk
    Walinuk Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Many thanks Alex, much appreciated!!!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.