Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

flex 3000. No sound or signal display.

Dave Whitney
Dave Whitney Member
edited June 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
flex 3000. Windows 10 SIIG pcie firewire card. No sound, or signal on spectrum or waterfall. No rf when try ATU. Buttons and scroll work ok. Any help figuring out the problem would be appreciated. Works ok on old vista laptop but not on new Dell windows 10 desktop.Thanks, Dave AD1R

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Try reducing the sampling rate of the Firewire card.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I found on my laptop that if I dont have VAC enabled, I don't get any sound although I do see a waterfall display. Laptop is a HP touchscreen
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Do you have powered computer speakers plugged directly into the 3000?  If not, you will not get audio from the PC unless you route the output audio to the PC using VAC,
  • Dave Whitney
    Dave Whitney Member
    edited September 2016

Thanks for your reply Tim.

Lowering sample rate to 48000 didn’t change anything.

Yes, I do have powered speakers hooked to 3000 but that is not the real issue.

FYI, the setup is as follows:

Flex 3000 s/n 2010-0640  firmware 2137  trx 1710-0057  (35I)  PA 1810-0031  (36K)

Dell desktop inspiron 3650 with 8gb ram. Windows 10 home. Intel core i3 at 3.7ghz. 64 bit OS. SIIG 2 port PCIE firewire card. SIIG says the card uses standard windows 10 driver.

Just about everything in the flex is default except the audio sample rate is now set to 48000. Have not installed any VAC yet.

If I start power sdr the program comes up looking normal. When I click START the button changes as its should. All buttons operate. I can drag or click the frequency display on the spectrum display ok. But there is no indication of band noise or signals or waterfall........and no sound.

I have installed and uninstalled the last and next recent version of power sdr with the same results.

sometimes when starting the new system it has said i need a firmware update and each time it seems to download and then start powersdr ok.

The flex still works ok in an old laptop with amd turion 64 and vista and integrated firewire. The problem must be with my setup or firewire card or desktop.

Interesting fact ... if I try to tune ATU into a good load it starts and then stops and says no rf detected.

Help please

Dave

AD1R

• Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    This behavior is indicative of the Firewire interface in the PC not properly communicating with the radio hardware.  I suspect you are using a Firewire card/interface  that is not using a TI chipset.
  • Richard Serván
    edited April 2018
    I have the same problem with my new Thinkpad P71 and Syba SD-EXPC34-2F TI Chipset 1394a (400Mbps) 2x Ports, 34mm ExpressCard over windows 10.

This expresscard worked fine with my old HP and windows 10
  • James Eastham Jr
    James Eastham Jr Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I am having the same 3K problem with a Dell Latitude  SIIG Firewire Card and Win 10  ..   The radio runs with audio for about 2 seconds then stops.   Dell is running a duo core Centrino processor   If I click stop and start, it starts for 2 seconds then stops.   .Firewire card and radio work fine with I plug them into my HP EliteBook 8460P laptop.   HP is running a i5 processor Win10  
    Glad you mentioned you have a Syba TI chipset.  I was thinking that might be an issue since SIIG card is VIA chipset.   But guess it's something else
    Jim NX3Z.  

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Maybe try changing you audio sample rate?
  • Richard Serván
    edited June 2018
    Hi everybody,

I just received  a new Startech Firewire express card EC13942A2 with VIA chipset and it works fine with my new Thinkpad P71 over windows 10

• James Eastham Jr
    edited June 2018
    I tried other sample rates. The express card works fine on another Dell Laptop and a HP both running win 10. Maybe something wrong with dell express card set up corrupted driver maybe
  • James Eastham Jr
    edited June 2018
    I’m going to try reinstalling win10

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.