Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

flex 3000 no much mic drive

elan
elan Member
hi 
i got cable from w2ihy going to ibox and audio rack i get PTT ok no drive at all if i put 
the alc on max 70 it key but no sound from the mic . 
now if i use normal hand mic work ok no problem drive nice it is just the combo 
cable and ibox  any one who use the flex 3000 with ibox i like to hear from you 
i know the PSDR and all mixer all on max itest even the vox nothing it will not the normal mic to the radio work on vox any . btw i try even the 8 band and the eq+ going to the ibox nothing 
going the same no audio going from the mic . many thanks 
vy 73 elan g0uut

Answers

• John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    why do you want to use an audio rack on a flex Transceiver anyway ? It has its own  tx/rx equaliser ? All you are going to do is over drive the audio stages into distortion.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Not necessarily.  

While I am very pleased with the internal EQ and PROC functions of my Flex-6500, I did at one point use a Behringer mixer as a preamp/distribution box when I had three devices connected to the same studio Mic.  (Including both a Flex-6500 and Flex-1500.)

On the Flex-3000, proper level control can be maintained with careful adjustment of all the various controls before the signal enters the rig, and then all the many adjustment points within the rig's software.  Admittedly, it is more complicated in PowerSDR than in SmartSDR, and poor adjustment will cause distortion at many different places along the audio "chain" in PowerSDR.  But it is possible, and can be very effective.  It just takes work.

Ken - NM9P
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Elan,

Are you feeding your external audio equipment into the front mic connector?  or into the rear Accessory connector?

it sounds like you either have a bad connection somewhere in the audio chain between the Mic and the rig, or you are selecting the correct audio input in the PowerSDR "Mixer."

You will need to trace your audio path, one stage at a time, beginning with the Mic, the mic cable, and then from one box to the other and see where the path is being broken, or the level is not being adjusted properly.

Good luck!

Ken - NM9P
  • Larry Williamson
    Larry Williamson Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

Definitely sounds like something is wrong with the one of the mic cords exterior from the radio.

I know-- making my own cables, it's sure easy to get just the smallest little copper wire touching one of the other pins.

If you can try your set up on a different rig that would be the quickest test to make sure it's all working correctly.

I would like to try to feed mine from the back of the rig but haven't gotten around to making a special plug yet (all seems to work great so far from the front mic jack).

Cheers

Larry

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I ran my cable for many years in the back plug from my mixer. When I called Flex about using it they said to break off one of the pins in the plug so a mistake would not happen when plugging it in or a mistake wiring it. Can't remember now, but one of the pins has 12V on it.
  • elan
    elan Member
    edited February 2018
    well the issue been found under a very strong magnify glasses one of the plastic tip ends, made to guide the metal wires over the connector of the modular connector bent in to prohibit contact when plugged. so this cable now been replace all back to normal  thank you kind to W2IHY for top support 

• elan
    elan Member
    edited December 2016
    btw the back will not provided BL line like the flex 5000A it can provide 
    connection of this 
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282130723452?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AI...
    and you can work from around the house or out side well made .
    73 elan g0uut

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.