Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 1500, WSJT

n f
n f Member
edited February 2017 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
I am using Flex1500 + Transverter to do Meteorscatter (FSK 441, WSJT V.10) on 144 MHZ.

While I decode most things well, it appears that the audio level (=signal strength decoded) is always very low. I am using a Funcube dongle with same WSJT in parallel; there the dB values make more sense. (both versions on the same Antenna with a splitter)

Was trying to play with VAC and PowerSDR settings but could not find a solution. It appears that the audio "dynamics" are somehow limited.

the pictures show identical reflection on Funcube (left) and Flex1500 (right)

Idle audio levels are identical @ 0dB

imageimage

Anybody with an idea?

73 OE3NFC / Norbert

Answers

• Stuart Woodcock
    edited March 2015
    There are 3 settings that can affect the input signal (I'm not near my pc so might not be correct terms), the input/output levels, the AGC and the VAC gain. Try altering all three to get a better signal maybe?
  • n f
    n f Member
    edited March 2015
    Stuart, thank you for your reply.
    Have looked into those:
    input levels and VAC gain are correlated, so idle audio level is set to 0 dB
    changed AGC to different values and also switched it off completely, no change....

• Stuart Woodcock
    edited March 2015
    You are obviously using a transvrrter for the flex, could there any losses attributed to that? I also run with +10 preamp when doing WSPR/JT modes.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.