Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex-1500 USB and Flex-3000 FireWire on same computer?

E72T
E72T Member
Hi all

Does anyone know if it's possible to have installed Flex-1500 (USB driver) and Flex-3000 (Firewire driver) on same computer.

Each radio will be running with PSDR 2.7.2

Thank you in advance

Answers

• John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I believe you can and you can also run two instances of the software at the same time. I now have a flex 3000 in addition to my baby 1500, but have yet to run the two together at the same time. My idea is to use the 1500 for my transverters and the 3000 for HF.
  • E72T
    E72T Member
    edited June 2015
    Thanks John

Basically i want to operate SO2R with 2 Flex radio. Had two Flex-1500 but due to USB driver limitation to only one connection on same machine it did not worked.

If I undesratnd you have already two radios in your shack. I love Flex radios and want to change my second Yaesu FT-900 to Flex-3000, but only if I can run them from one computer.

If you have any chance to test please and confirm that, so I can look for still very good one Flex-3000 to buy.

73s
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    As long as your computer has a IEEE1394 port, or a card installed, then it should be okay. The computer may struggle a bit if its not "fast enough", but I have just tried it out and it does work. I also made two seperate dbase back ups for each transceiver, just incase and renamed them as flex1500 and flex3000. This way you can reload the files if needed. You may want a different skins and have different memories and so on.
  • E72T
    E72T Member
    edited June 2015
    Great

good news. I thought the same. You helped me a lot..

Best 73 John CU on air

Fudo F/E72T
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
     I also made two seperate dbase back ups for each transceiver, just incase and renamed them as flex1500 and flex3000. This way you can reload the files if needed. You may want a different skins and have different memories and so on.

This not needed.  PowerSDR makes unique backups of the databases for each radio your run.  It keeps two generations of backups.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited March 2017
    Yes, this is possible.  Please refer to the PowerSDR v2.7.2 release notes for detailed information on how to run a FLEX-1500 with either a FLEX-3000 or FLEX-5000 at the same time using a single computer.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Tim, are the backups only made on individual instances of the software and what happens when one uses one software package for both radios ?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    The database backups are radio specific; each radio has its own unique database and that database has a two-generation backup.  Databases are also PowerSDR version specific too.  

When PowerSDR starts, if the database is corrupt or cannot load for any reason, PowerSDR will load the 1st generation backup first and if it fails, it will load the 2nd generation backup.
  • E72T
    E72T Member
    edited June 2015
    Good to know, Thanks for your support
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    ok, thats good to know as well.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.