Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX-1500 on an Apple iMac

Sandi
Sandi Member
Hi there! I just won a FLEX-1500 SDR and I have a Apple iMac. The software that came with the radio is for PC. I want to know if I will be able to use this radio on my iMac.
Thanks

Answers

• Pat
    Pat Member
    edited April 2020
    unfortunetly i think no........
    73's

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    You could try it under VMWare fusion with a windows guest.

Parallels is the direct competitor to VMWare fusion.  I use fusion after having used both for many years.  The support at fusion is far superior in my opinion.
  • Reggie-k6xr
    Reggie-k6xr Member ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    Yes you can. I use a Mac-mini. but you need to install parallels so you can run windows on your mac. You can run OS-X and windows at the same time if you use one of the VM programs. I use Parallels and it work marvelously!
  • Scott - WM7C
    Scott - WM7C Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    VirtualBox works as well, but you do need a copy of Windows.  You can also install Windows on your Mac using Bootcamp and run Windows natively without virtualization.  
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    We do not support PowerSDR running in a virtualized environment.  The added latency overhead plays havoc on the 1500 when transmitting.  For Mac hardware, running Bootcamp is the only viable option.
  • DrTeeth
    DrTeeth Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Sandi, congratulations on your win! May it give you many hours of fun and enjoyment.
  • Sandi
    Sandi Member
    edited December 2015
    Thank you all for your replies. I really appreciate everything you all have sent. I think the best way for me to go is to let my husband put it on his PC. Of course with the understanding that I am just letting him borrow it for an extended period of time!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.