Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex-1500, No blue led when power button is pressed

Daniel Solé
Daniel Solé Member
edited December 2018 in FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
First of all, merry Christmas to everybody!

Now, the problem...

I have been working for some weeks with the Flex-1500 and the FT8 mode with no hassle.

I wanted some more power out and I purchased one of those MX-P50M chinese linear amplifiers. I did a cable for the Flexwire using 1 and 3 pins to switch the amplifier as some ham's advised me to do.

When I switched on -in principle all correctly wired- only the chinese amplifier woke up: The Flex-1500 doesn't light up any longer!!

When I press the power button, the blue led doesn't light at all. It seems there is some current consumption because I can hear the fan on the PSU starting as I press the Flex-1500 power button. But no blue led on and no detection from my computer.

I opened the box to check the fuse but the fuse is ok. I didn't see any evidence of something wrong on the PCB's.

Do you have any advise for me? Something to check? Something I can do?

Or do I better send the unit to service?

73 ES GD DX DE EA3GEO, Daniel

Answers

• Pat Hamp
    Pat Hamp Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    My first thought is to disconnect everything but power and the firewire and see if you get a startup.
  • Daniel Solé
    Daniel Solé Member
    edited December 2018
    Hi Pat, thanks for the answer.

Yes, this is something I tried. I even tried this with the PCB boards out of the metallic case. No way. I really don't know what happened.

Something that puzzles me now is that I have measured 13VDC in the switch cables of the amplifier. For those of you who uses the MX-P50M, is this that way? Is this how it works?

Tks & 73 from Daniel, EA3GEO

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.