Flex-1500, No blue led when power button is pressed

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
First of all, merry Christmas to everybody!

Now, the problem...

I have been working for some weeks with the Flex-1500 and the FT8 mode with no hassle.

I wanted some more power out and I purchased one of those MX-P50M chinese linear amplifiers. I did a cable for the Flexwire using 1 and 3 pins to switch the amplifier as some ham's advised me to do.

When I switched on -in principle all correctly wired- only the chinese amplifier woke up: The Flex-1500 doesn't light up any longer!!

When I press the power button, the blue led doesn't light at all. It seems there is some current consumption because I can hear the fan on the PSU starting as I press the Flex-1500 power button. But no blue led on and no detection from my computer.

I opened the box to check the fuse but the fuse is ok. I didn't see any evidence of something wrong on the PCB's.

Do you have any advise for me? Something to check? Something I can do?

Or do I better send the unit to service?

73 ES GD DX DE EA3GEO, Daniel

Photo of Daniel Solé

Daniel Solé

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Pat Hamp

Pat Hamp

• 37 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
My first thought is to disconnect everything but power and the firewire and see if you get a startup.
Photo of Daniel Solé

Daniel Solé

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Pat, thanks for the answer.

Yes, this is something I tried. I even tried this with the PCB boards out of the metallic case. No way. I really don't know what happened.

Something that puzzles me now is that I have measured 13VDC in the switch cables of the amplifier. For those of you who uses the MX-P50M, is this that way? Is this how it works?

Tks & 73 from Daniel, EA3GEO