Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex-1500 & Hardrock50

Is there any of you using the new Hardrock50 amplifier out there? Mine seems to work OK with the QSK module installed, even in CW mode. Is there a band-change cable available for PowerSDR 2.7.2 ?

Answers

• John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I don't believe their is a way to do this. I may be wrong if someone has developed a system
  • Keith Flint
    Keith Flint Member
    edited December 2016
    Thanks.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Perhaps someone has done this but there is no direct connection on the flex1500. It may be possible to adapt the hardware in one way or another, but then the software would need to be adapted as well, to reflect this.
  • Jim Veatch
    Jim Veatch Member
    edited May 2015
    Yes you can connect the HR50 to the PC with a USB cable. The amp appears as a Comm Port in the system. In PowerSDR setup, enable CAT commands on that port and select "Enable Kenwood CAT Commands". Then the HR50 will track band/freq changes in PowerSDR.

Jim WA2EUJ
  • n2dyt
    n2dyt Member
    edited March 2017
    Just wondering. Can you enable more than one CAT port in the 1500?  Say you also want to use any of the digital programs at the same time. I use VSP Manager.
    Greg - N2DYT
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Yes, with DDUtil

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.