Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 1500 CWX issue

Tim VE6SH
Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
I am a new Flex 1500 user and have an issue with CWX and PowerSDR 2.8. I believe I have set the correct parameters for the keyer and PTT, but I cannot get CWX to properly key the radio. Using CWX I can hear the 1500 relay click to TX and hear the sent characters through the speaker but no power out or indication on the panadapter. Any ideas? Works fine on all other modes. Tim VE6SH

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited February 2018
    Have you verified the power output by using an external power meter?
  • Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Tim

Yes, on DIGU and SSB I have confirmed power out. On CW there is no power showing on an external meter.

Tim VE6SH

• Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Tim (VE6SH) :

Did you ever find out a solution? My 1500 does the same thing.

Charlie KB8CR
  • Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Charlie

Shortly after I posted this it started to work. Not really a solution I know as I did not do anything! I have since sold the 1500 and I understand the new owner has no issues.

Tim
  • Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Thanks for the reply, Tim. Oh well.....problem here is that my Watt/SWR meter is internal to my tuner (AT100Proii), and that is mounted in the rack in the basement below my shack. I've just been sending everything with my paddles instead.

Charlie KB8CR

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.