Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Fledgling Flex Newcomer, any good docs for the 6400M?

As a soon-to-be newcomer to Flex (6400M on order) I'm wondering if there's any recommended product documentation that I can or should be reading? I.E., such as a Maestro manual or SmartSDR docs, etc.? Any pointers appreciated. Thanks!!

Answers

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Well since the product is not 100% complete as far as development there are no manuals for us.  The  6400m will have  version 2 SmartSDR so things are going to be different as well with PC control.

If you want to familiarize yourself with the basic operation this Maestro video is a good one and will give you and idea what to expect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqv972s1At8

You can download the manuals from this site for SmartSDR and give them a look but the new version will have WAN control, pop out windows and who knows what else.

Rich
    kd0zv

• ctate243
    ctate243 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2017
    my opinion is that you will probably get the best use of your time by reading documentation of version 2.0 of SmartSDR when it is released, as FRS has said it will be pre-loaded on the new transceivers when they are released.  In the wonderful world of SDR, the software is the radio, not the hardware, and although there may be some hardware driven feature differences, the general use features, and ability to use them are fairly consistent across the entire 6x00 platform.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2017
    Or don't delay and start to review the SmartSDR Software User's Guide.  The changes for 2.0 are minimal compared to the number of features that are already in the software and we didn't remove anything from 1.x when going to 2.x.
    http://www.flexradio.com/downloads/smartsdr-software-users-guide-pdf/

• Bill Garfield W1BG
    edited February 2018
    Thanks. Wow, lots to read and absorb.  I did watch the Maestro YouTube demo.  Seems straightforward enough.   73 Bill
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    And ASK anything you find confusing. We are here to help and we love helping. 
  • Bill Garfield W1BG
    edited November 2019
    Tnx Ria.  I'm moderately computer-savvy but  a little weak on networking beyond ping & ipconfig syntax.  Recently turned 71 (retired terrestrial microwave engr, another dying technology). Looking forward to this "new horizon".  Truck already lined up in the driveway with Austin programmed into the GPS >>smile<<
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Well, with SmartLink, no networking knowledge is necessary. So, not to worry. 
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Exactly right. There is nothing easier to connect to a computer than a SmartSDR setup.

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I just had my router upgraded from our cable company, I spent 3 days trying to get our printer to work wireless with the router. Finally I called my cable company and they did it from their end.

With this same router I just plugged in my Flex 6500 and It worked, no mess no fuss.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.