Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Fldigi Reliability Fix Does It!

DonS
DonS Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I love it.  This is the first time that I was able to start fldigi without having to initialize the RigCAT screen with either SSDR or PSDR.  The QSY button is no longer greyed out which means CAT is working just fine.  Thanks to the author of fldigi and FRS gurus (Tim, et al).

Comments

• Steve - M3SXA
    Steve - M3SXA Member
    edited June 2018
    Yes heard about they had done a fix for fldigi, they are working on the HRD fix next for the 6000's series...
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2018
    We aim to please!  I am glad it is working out well for everyone.
  • W4EY
    W4EY Member
    edited November 2016
    Tim, Thanks. This Fldigi Reliability FIX and updated .XML file resolved the startup initializiation Fldigi issues. Also the Fldigi DXCluster v2.0.0 works without any issues. THANKS FLEX team. Bill W4EY
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    I do not use Fldigi a lot, but I have had success in the past using hardware PTT for rig control along with a port pair set as PTT with SmartCAT. I do not use the QSY capability or other CAT commands within Fldigi, so this configuration met my needs.

Based upon this recent discussion, I decided try to use CAT for rig control. I downloaded the latest version of Fldigi, executed it, and installed the two (SmartSDR and PowerSDR) .xml files in the appropriate folder. I spent quite a bit of time trying to get CAT to work for PTT on my 6700 without success (audio showed in the DAX window, but no transmit). It then finally dawned upon me that I should be using a COM port pair set as Dedicated rather than as PTT. I made the change and Fldigi now seems to be working fine under CAT rig control.

Ed, K0KC

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Interesting though I was wondering why you weren't using the default CAT com port of the 6700 for fldigi unless you were using ddutil.  I prefer using the hardware PTT as it works like a charm.The QSY feature allows you to center the signal in your bandpass.  The 6700 defaults to 1500hz for the CF in digl and digu so I set in fldigi in the Misc tab/SweetSpot to 1500hz for PSK and RTTY.  Using this I don't have to worry about the the signal being outside the filter range especially when I narrow the filter because clicking on QSY moves everything so the signal is centered on the "sweet spot".
  • Ed, K0KC
    Ed, K0KC Member ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Don,

As I said in the post, I am very much a novice when it comes to Fldigi.

I guess I used a port other than the default one because I had already created one for the hardware PTT and when I tried to use CAT, I tried the same one, but as I said, I could not get it to work. Another reason to create a new one is that I often have WSJT-X open at the same time as Fldigi and it uses the default port. In any case, I know how to make it work now.

I do not use ddutil.

Thanks for the info on QSY...I will have to read the "manual" about that and other features that utilize CAT in Fldigi. Like most software and hardware, I just started using it without much study ahead of time.

Ed, K0KC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.