Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLDigi stpped working after 1803

Victor Gavron
Victor Gavron Member
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Following MS upgrade 1803, I lost the audio in my PC, from my Flex6500.  So I uninstalled .09 and installed smartsdr 2.1.33.  I got my audio back, and I can transmit with my microphone.  However, when I try to transmit with FLDigi, the flex screen shows "as if" I am transmitting (waterfall and spectrum go blank, MOX button goes blue), but no RF power goes out of the rig. Also TX stream on the DAX panel does not show any activity.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Vic, AA5IR

Comments

• Bob K8RC
    Bob K8RC Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
  • Victor Gavron
    Victor Gavron Member
    edited May 2018
    I did.  Then
    1) FLDigi DID start transmitting.
    2) Then I no longer have audio from my PC.  So I reinstalled SDR...31 but this time it made no difference.

Any idea how to recover audio through my PC? I have checked the sound settings.  I see that on the Playback tab, the audio is going through "Dax reserved audio RX 1" instead of through the speakers, and I don't seem to be able to change that.
    Again, help would be appreciated.
  • KM4OVH
    KM4OVH Member
    edited May 2018
    I lost all my digital modes after the 1803 update.  I did follow all the directions that Tim provided.  After a lot of frustration I de-installed and reinstalled DAX with these instructions:

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204017069-How-to-Manually-Re-Install-DAX-Drivers

Rebooted and now all digital modes work again.

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    In the list of audio playback devices, select your PC speaker,  select 'set default'
    AL, K0VM..  
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Check DAX Button. on SmartSDR
  • bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    All the Reserved audio channels on the PCs playback setting must each be Enabled. And the PC local audio must be set to Default. Not Default Communication. You have to right click on each Reserved channel to make sure they are Enabled. Check Recording Tab also to verify the Reserved channels are Enabled. If the Reserved channel is Default you may have to Disable it first before setting the pc audio channel to Default. Then go back to Enable the Reserved channel. I use a Heil HC6 headset and plug both microphone and earphones into computer directly. I am still on Windows 10 Home 1709 and not in a hurry to upgrade to 1803. 73 Bill W9JJB
  • Victor Gavron
    Victor Gavron Member
    edited February 2020
    After going twice through the instructions, I still didn't have audio. Neal, K3NC, a support engineer worked for an hour on my system, and got it going.  Thank you Neal and Flexradio for this support.
  • John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    That’s good news Victor. Can you (or Neal) provide any lessons learned from your experience to get things back up and running? It would be good to document your insights here in this thread if you can. Thanks!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.