Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

fldigi - Rig Control can't see Device (Com Port from CAT)

Nick
Nick Member ✭✭
I had fldigi running perfectly prior to Windows 10 upgrade.  Now I try to set up the rig control and it doesn't see any of the com ports. I've reinstalled SDR to catch up on all the drivers and reinstalled fldigi and the XML file.  CAT appears to work correctly by providing the default COM 4.  but fldigi doesn't see the port.  I get no rig control or frequency info in fldigi.  DAX works fine and I can even transmit if I key manually on the SDR screen. Am I missing something?  Tnx 

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Did you uninstall all Flex software, including VSP, before upgrading? If not, go ahead and do so, removing drivers when asked. Reboot, make sure no ghost "hidden" ports exist in Device Manager, then reinstall. Good luck!
  • Nick
    Nick Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    yes,  completely uninstalled Flex S/W.  I had the same config on my laptop and have the same results on it. 
  • Nick
    Nick Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    added into:  Went to device manager and com 4 is listed as having problems.  tried to repair and got this error  Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19).  tried to search for driver and it couldn't be found.  Any ideas?

• Walt - KZ1F
    Walt - KZ1F Member ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I was researching virual ports for Linux when I came across something that may be applicable . there was an issue with bad ftdi drivers. It may not be applicable in your case but something to check. It could be a software install sequencing issue and you have bad drivers. Not so much bad drivers per se but a change to the specs which manifests as bad drivers.
  • John n0snx
    John n0snx Member
    edited September 2015
    Nick  delete all those comp ports  reboot computer.... then reload SSDR and reboot again and that should solve your com port issues...Then go into FLdigi and choose the correct com port and initiallize....  I had the same issue when I upgraded to win 10...
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Nick - does it work with other programs other than Fldigi?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.